About AMEX gift card
AMEX is short for American Express. They are a multinational financial service provider in America. The headquarters is situated in New York, Battery Park City specifically.
American Express deal in various card and non-card products. They also offer an array of financial services within the United States. AMEX is one of the very few financial service companies that gave rise to the surge of credit card facilities in America around the late 70s. Their alliance with Warner Communications in 1979 called for the establishment of Warner-Amex satellite entertainment, which are the creators of Nickelodeon, The Movie Channel, and MTV.
Before the advent of gift cards, Amex introduced a card in 1994 called the Optima True Grace card. The card offered purchasers the grace to spend money that was not present on the card balance at the time of purchase. It was one of the very new dawn for Credit cards in America. It lasted for a while till the American Express card came into play with a similar but advanced feature compared to the Optima True Grace card.
One of their very recent card services includes the issuance of gift cards. Their gift cards are in two major variants. They have personal gift cards and business gift cards. They pretty much do the same things; they only differ in their capacity of functionality and purpose of purchase.
What are gift cards?
Gift cards are a form of financial cards created to store value and enhance easy gift giving. Retail stores and some financial service providers usually issue gift cards. Gift cards do not carry specific names, nor are they attached to particular bank accounts like regular prepaid cards. This feature is where its gift-giving ability sits.
Organizations make gift cards in various denominations to aid their easy purchase for personal purposes or gifting. Some retail stores give their customers the option to customize their gift card to suit the season or occasion and make it a perfect gift.
American Express happens to be one of the most prominent issuers of gift cards in the US. Other organizations offering issuance of gift cards as well include Amazon, Xbox, Walmart, Visa, iTunes, Steam, Google Play, eBay, and Sephora, to mention a few.
Types of American Express (AMEX) gift cards
- Personal gift cards: This category of Amex gift cards are meant for individual purchase. You could either use it for yourself or gift it to your friends and loved ones to purchase their favorite stuff at accepted stores. They are best for orders below five cards. AMEX permits customer’s preference regarding the design and amount of their gift cards. Their denominations range between $25 – $3,000.
- Business gift cards: This design is a variant meant for businesses to order large quantities of gift cards. It helps reward employees on special occasions, and they range in the same denomination as the personal gift cards.
It is a good way for organizations to celebrate and appreciate their employees. Business gift card orders are pegged below $100,000, purchase and shipping fee inclusive. For customer’s convenience and safety, orders above $100,000 must go through The American Express Bulk service. Call 1-844-228-5368 to place such orders.
- Wide range of acceptability: There are very few other choices of gift cards that can compete with the scope of acceptance American Express has crafted for itself. American Express gift cards are accepted in virtually every store and retail outlet in America. All American-based legitimate online platforms also receive them for making payments and settling debt. Some online stores and gift card exchanges within and outside the United States also accept AMEX gift cards.
- Cards do not expire: Purchasers can hold gift cards for as long as they like to without the fear of card expiration. It makes them a good store of value, better than regular debit cards. It also makes it a long-lasting gift since recipients can keep them for as long as they choose to.
- No Extra fees: Amex gift cards do not require further usage or transaction fee after purchase. It makes whatever amount you have purchased intact even after a long time.
- Supports both online and offline transactions: They are accepted both in conventional stores and online websites. With AMEX gift cards, users get the liberty to visit any store or website of their choice in America to buy anything.
- Bulk purchase: American Express allows individuals to make bulk purchases as large as $100,000 worth of gift cards. Business gift card customers are allowed beyond that. However, they will have to go through The American Express Bulk service.
- Replaceable Card: Stolen or misplaced cards are replaceable as far as the relevant information about the card is readily available upon request. Relevant information includes the card number and purchase receipt.