Why is my Amazon Gift Card not working?
Amazon Gift Card not working?: Jeff Bezos. World’s Richest Man as at 2021. When our senses catch anything on Amazon, his name cannot but pop in our minds.
Amazon Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The company has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world” as well as the most valued brand.
Funny enough, Amazon is listed as the No.1 evil technology company as it is known for its disruption of well-established industries through its mass scale. Amazon is the world’s largest online marketplace, AI assistant provider among all other feats. Jeff Bezos founded the company from his garage in Bellevue, Washington on July 5, 1994, it has now expanded to sell electronics, software, video games and many others. It is also the second largest employer in the United States (U.S).
Amazon Gift Cards are preloaded cards with a set value of money which can be used to make purchases on Amazon.com, Alexa Skills, Hoot.com, Amazon Pay, Audible, AWS, Amazon Go, etc.
Why is your Amazon Gift Card not working?
- Gift Card Activation: Most gift cards are activated on purchase while some still need to be activated prior to usage of them. The inactivation makes it just basically worthless and your Amazon Gift Card might not be working because of this. If you have a plastic Amazon Gift Card (either gotten from a retail store or shipped to your address) or an Amazon e-gift Card (digital), here are ways you can activate it:
- Visit https:/www.amazon.com , it is important you type the Website URL in your browser correctly as there are numerous fraudsters that may take advantage of your typing the incorrect URL for your gift card activation.
- As labelled on the page displayed next, type in your Amazon Gift Card ID number, your activation code and your PIN number as you have it on your plastic gift card. If you possess an e-gift Card, input the activation code sent to your email address on purchase. Ensure you put in these important details correctly and carefully. Once your gift card gets activated successfully, you can use it immediately!
- You could also activate your Amazon Gift Card by calling their 24/7 customer service at 009-1206-922-0880, make sure to have your Amazon Gift Card with you as you put the call through as you will be required to provide your details (Card Number, PIN, etc) to the customer service agent on the line.
Gift Card Deactivation: This may be a reason your Amazon Gift Card is not working.
Online gift card scams are rampant and they seem to be unavoidable but you have to be more cautious of who you purchase your gift cards from.
- Approved merchants: One way you can get your Amazon Gift Card blocked or deactivated is when you purchased it from uncertified or unlicensed merchants. Many companies that issue gift cards have authorized sellers, even at that, fraudsters disguise themselves as certified e-commerce businesses and trick people into buying their gift cards which eventually gets blocked.
- Buying Online: If you are looking for reliable platforms you can get your Amazon Gift Card, it is time you knew about the best e-commerce business in Nigeria where you can purchase, sell or trade your gift cards :Gift Cards Hub. With 24/7 top-notch customer service, they provide you ease of trade, we all love stress-free lives, do we not?.Gift Cards Hub offers you the best rates when you trade your gift cards and you do not even have to worry about being ripped off or scammed.
- Buying from a retail store:
This may be risky at times as some stores may carelessly expose the PIN Number and other important details or information on the gift card that only the eventual user should have access to, thieves may use this opportunity to retrieve the numbers and when an unassuming consumer purchases the card and activates it, the money will be drained off.
- Gift Card Balance: It is important to always check your balance i.e the amount left on your Amazon Gift Card after every purchase or payment made with it. This is to avoid the Amazon Gift Card not working or declined while trying to make payment for a transaction. Luckily, the process is stress-free and easy to complete. The website has a user-friendly interface that provides answers to your queries instantly. Follow the steps below thoroughly:
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Locate the search bar and type in “Gift Card Balance”.
- Click “Check Gift Card Balance” to get your gift card balance details.