Why is my VISA Gift Card being declined?
Why is my VISA Gift Card being declined?: Embarrassing situations. Take a moment to imagine you are at that nice restaurant with your pretty girlfriend and the waitress brings the bill or just when that matte lipstick you have been eyeing finally gets in your hands and with all glamour, you pull out your VISA Gift Card ready to pay, then it keeps getting declined. How humiliating. If you have been in a situation like this and you are curious as to why that happened, and how to avoid it, you have definitely come to the right place.
Before we start though, let us say a few things about VISA Gift Cards.
The VISA Gift Card is a non-reloadable prepaid card issued by MetaBank. It is a known fact that gift cards are in style and if at any time, you are confused on what to get for any event or to congratulate a loved for weddings, birthdays, or to commemorate a joyful moment, a VISA Gift Card is the best present any gender or age and the smiles on their faces will definitely be worth it.
It is worthy of note too that VISA Gift Cards come with a single fee only on acquisition. For instance, a $10 to $74.99 VISA Gift Card will have a $2.95 fee, however, with a VISA Gift Card, you can be assured it stops there, no recurring fees or dues.
Let us move now into the main point of discourse.
Here are reasons your VISA Gift Card may be declined – VISA Gift Card being declined?:
–Places they are used and Insufficient Funds:
Basically, A VISA Gift Card can be used where they are accepted; retail stores, supermarkets, local shops, that allow them as a form of payment. However, there are minor exceptions you should take note of.
- Restaurant: At a place like this, We all know about gratuities and little addition to our bills. There might be an automatic deduction unknown to you as your VISA Gift Card is swiped by the service merchant. The increment in bills may be up to 10% more of your initial bill, which may be more than the amount on your card. This will automatically lead to your VISA Gift Card being declined. In this case, you can ask the merchant to subtract the increment while running the slot system and you pay the balance in another way. This works too at similar places like grooming salons.
- Hotels: Similarly, a charge can be added to your bills for the telephone usage during your stay or room service. The final amount can be more than the balance on your VISA Gift Card, this can cause your VISA Gift Card to be declined. You can likewise tell the cashier or merchant to deduct the bills and let you pay in a different way.
- Filling stations: This can happen at filling stations (petrol/gas stations) which can sometimes pump an additional fee(pre-authorization fee) which in total with your normal fee can be greater than the card’s value.
Apart from the three places mentioned above, transactions with your VISA Gift Card for adult sites, recurring bills such as electricity bills, money transfer services, and online gambling sites will definitely be declined.
–VISA Gift Card Activation: This is a very important reason as to why your VISA Gift Card is being declined. Whether your VISA Gift Card was purchased online as an e-gift card or at a retail store as a plastic Gift Card, it must be activated prior to usage. Unactivated gift cards will have transactions done with them disapproved.
To activate your gift card, your Card Verification Number (CVN) and your 16-digit gift card number will be needed, you can either activate online on the VISA Gift Card Website or through an automated phone system.
–Waiting Period: It is possible also your VISA Gift Card has a particular time restriction on it. For example, if your VISA Gift Card was purchased at a local retail store, a time period of a day or two may have been placed on your card. This is done in case the gift card gets into the hands of a fraudster or a scammer, this buys enough time to get the card blocked. To know if your VISA Gift Card has a time period, check the Terms and Conditions on the gift card or the receipt obtained from the purchase of the Gift Card. Once the time period has elapsed, your gift card can then be activated.
One cannot overemphasize the need to be careful when inputting personal details of the gift card while trying to make payment, let us specifically talk about online transactions.
On the checkout page of a website you are trying to make final payment, it is important to ensure your Card Verification Number (CVN) and your PIN numbers are carefully typed in the fields specified for them. Infact, recheck them to ensure they are correct before trying to complete the purchase.
In addition to all that was said, it is imperative to always check the balance of your VISA Gift Card before and after every purchase. This will help you to stay within budget and ensure your VISA Gift Card’s value is sufficient for the payment you are about to make.
We hope this helps you to understand why your VISA Gift Card keeps getting declined.
Read more about Visa Gift Card – VISA Gift Card being declined?
Why is my Amazon Gift Card not working?
Amazon Gift Card not working?: Jeff Bezos. World’s Richest Man as at 2021. When our senses catch anything on Amazon, his name cannot but pop in our minds.
Amazon Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The company has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world” as well as the most valued brand.
Funny enough, Amazon is listed as the No.1 evil technology company as it is known for its disruption of well-established industries through its mass scale. Amazon is the world’s largest online marketplace, AI assistant provider among all other feats. Jeff Bezos founded the company from his garage in Bellevue, Washington on July 5, 1994, it has now expanded to sell electronics, software, video games and many others. It is also the second largest employer in the United States (U.S).
Amazon Gift Cards are preloaded cards with a set value of money which can be used to make purchases on Amazon.com, Alexa Skills, Hoot.com, Amazon Pay, Audible, AWS, Amazon Go, etc.
Why is your Amazon Gift Card not working?
- Gift Card Activation: Most gift cards are activated on purchase while some still need to be activated prior to usage of them. The inactivation makes it just basically worthless and your Amazon Gift Card might not be working because of this. If you have a plastic Amazon Gift Card (either gotten from a retail store or shipped to your address) or an Amazon e-gift Card (digital), here are ways you can activate it:
- Visit https:/www.amazon.com , it is important you type the Website URL in your browser correctly as there are numerous fraudsters that may take advantage of your typing the incorrect URL for your gift card activation.
- As labelled on the page displayed next, type in your Amazon Gift Card ID number, your activation code and your PIN number as you have it on your plastic gift card. If you possess an e-gift Card, input the activation code sent to your email address on purchase. Ensure you put in these important details correctly and carefully. Once your gift card gets activated successfully, you can use it immediately!
- You could also activate your Amazon Gift Card by calling their 24/7 customer service at 009-1206-922-0880, make sure to have your Amazon Gift Card with you as you put the call through as you will be required to provide your details (Card Number, PIN, etc) to the customer service agent on the line.
Gift Card Deactivation: This may be a reason your Amazon Gift Card is not working.
Online gift card scams are rampant and they seem to be unavoidable but you have to be more cautious of who you purchase your gift cards from.
- Approved merchants: One way you can get your Amazon Gift Card blocked or deactivated is when you purchased it from uncertified or unlicensed merchants. Many companies that issue gift cards have authorized sellers, even at that, fraudsters disguise themselves as certified e-commerce businesses and trick people into buying their gift cards which eventually gets blocked.
- Buying Online: If you are looking for reliable platforms you can get your Amazon Gift Card, it is time you knew about the best e-commerce business in Nigeria where you can purchase, sell or trade your gift cards :Gift Cards Hub. With 24/7 top-notch customer service, they provide you ease of trade, we all love stress-free lives, do we not?.Gift Cards Hub offers you the best rates when you trade your gift cards and you do not even have to worry about being ripped off or scammed.
- Buying from a retail store:
This may be risky at times as some stores may carelessly expose the PIN Number and other important details or information on the gift card that only the eventual user should have access to, thieves may use this opportunity to retrieve the numbers and when an unassuming consumer purchases the card and activates it, the money will be drained off.
- Gift Card Balance: It is important to always check your balance i.e the amount left on your Amazon Gift Card after every purchase or payment made with it. This is to avoid the Amazon Gift Card not working or declined while trying to make payment for a transaction. Luckily, the process is stress-free and easy to complete. The website has a user-friendly interface that provides answers to your queries instantly. Follow the steps below thoroughly:
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Locate the search bar and type in “Gift Card Balance”.
- Click “Check Gift Card Balance” to get your gift card balance details.
Where can I sell my eBay Gift Card for Naira?
Where can I sell my eBay Gift Card for Naira? : Looking for how to trade the eBay Gift Card in your possession for Naira? I am here to inform you your search is now over. Before we proceed into the topic, let me enlighten you on a few things about eBay Gift Cards.
eBay Gift Cards are prepaid cards that provide an alternative method for consumers to purchase items at the eBay Company and other closely related places.
An eBay Gift Card can either be physical or digital. The digital ones also known as e-gift cards are sent to the recipient by email while the physical gift cards are delivered to the address specified by the recipient during purchase. There are numerous designs one can pick from to suit any occasion one wants to use it for.
It is no news that literally whatever you can conjure in your mind or decide you want can be gotten at eBay, ranging from antique items, jewelry, shoes and clothing, collectibles, home furnishings ( curtains, fabric, furniture, etc) and everything-in-between. It will interest you to know that the eBay Gift Card can be used to get all mentioned in the just concluded statement.
Where can you sell an eBay Gift Card for Naira?
It is unfortunate these days that as gift cards are gaining awareness, frauds are getting rampant as well. People are also falling into the baits scammers are putting online because of ignorance. It is time you stop falling and get introduced to the platform where you can trade your gift cards without any stress or “stories that touch”.
That platform being talked about is GiftCards Hub.
What is GiftCards Hub?
It is an e-commerce business where Nigerians can entrust everything encompassing gift cards: trading or exchange, purchase, in fact, any issues you have concerning gift cards will be provided solutions instantly with GiftCards Hub.
Why should I sell my eBay Gift Card with GiftCards Hub?
- Convenience: GiftCards Hub works tirelessly daily to ensure their customers are provided with the most convenient way to trade their gift cards. With a 24/7 chat platform that allows you to speak with an always-online customer service agent and clear any confusion you might have prior to the gift card exchange. In other words, at GiftCards Hub, there are no closing hours! You do not have to worry about the time frame, be rest assured and start trading anytime you choose.
- Best Rates: With your previous gift card merchants, you must have been stuck at one rate for a long time. Not only are the rates of exchange current, they are also the best rates you can be sure you can not get any place else.
- Speed: Queries may be running through your mind as to when you get your cash after trading your gift cards. Once your gift cards are confirmed, you get your money. The exciting thing about GiftCards Hub concerning this is that no transaction is left untouched or pending for any period of time. Your money will be dispatched to you in an instant!
- Honesty: The anxiety or wariness of getting scammed you had with other merchants should be gotten rid of while you trade your eBay Gift Card with GiftCards Hub. Fraudulent acts do not exist at GiftCards Hub under any circumstance whatsoever. All you have to do is put your mind at rest and watch in amazement as GiftCards Hub delivers to you an exhilarating gift card exchange experience.
You can get started with GiftCards Hub by downloading the GiftCards Hub Mobile App on PlayStore. When reviews say everything at GiftCards Hub is convenient, they do not lie. The Mobile App is built with a user-friendly interface which is easy to navigate through. You do not have to be a tech-enthusiast to operate the Mobile App.
You can also visit the official website www.giftcardshub.com.ng as another option. The website does not in any way offer less efficient service than the Mobile App, it is just an alternate method for your gift card trading.
Enjoy your gift card exchange experience with GiftCards Hub!
Where can I get a Walmart Gift Card?
Where can I get a Walmart Gift Card?: In the 21st century, gift cards have solved the incessant problem of finding the best present for loved ones when celebrating an event or feat, because it even provides an avenue for the recipient to purchase any items he/she desires with it. For whatever reason you need a Walmart Gift Card for, either for a special person as stated above or for personal use as well. You are going to be provided with how you can acquire a Walmart Gift Card.
What are Walmart Gift Cards?
Walmart Gift Cards are basically a card with a stored-value of money on them, which can be used to get items online on Walmart websites or in physical stores associated with Walmart. Walmart sells everything you can think of: toys, pets and their supplies, electronics, home appliances, etc. A quick suggestion: decide any feasible item you want randomly this second and I assure you can purchase it at Walmart.
Apart from that though, What are the benefits of having a Walmart Gift Card?
- It provides an alternative for customers that do not like bearing the risk of carrying cash around. In fact, just imagine the gift card to be cash but it is not visible. How interesting?
- It helps consumers stay within their budget. As usual, one cannot spend above the value you have on the gift card so in other words, it helps customers to be disciplined and not overspend.
- It is the perfect gift for all age groups, genders, events (baby showers, weddings, homecoming, vacations,etc.)
Without mincing words, let us move on to talk about places you can get your Walmart Gift Card from.
Usually gift cards can either be physical or digital gift cards and both will be discussed separately.
- The physical (plastic) Walmart Gift Card:
The plastic Gift Card is just about the size of normal credit cards and of course, will have the Walmart Logo inscribed or displayed on it.
For this type of card, you can go online to the Walmart website and order in varieties of beautiful designs that leave one in bits to decide the best.
You make the purchase and your correctly-stated home address will be input into the page shown. The Walmart Gift Card is then shipped or delivered to you.
What’s more is that you can get a Walmart Gift Card from Walmart Retail Stores around you as most other shops may not sell Walmart Gift Cards just anyhow as they might be direct competitors with Walmart and it goes without saying, it might cause “bad business” for them.
After picking it up at the store, you can proceed to meet the cashier to clarify and explain all you are required to know about the Walmart Gift Card (activation, loading money, usage, etc)
- Digital Gift Card:
This can also be called an e-gift card depending on whatever works for you. This type of card is just a tad different from the plastic gift cards as when you purchase this, all your details are sent to you via your email address, PIN number, card number and all the important information you should know about the Gift Card. Sounds a bit convenient, does it not?
Putting the ease and less bureaucracy aside, you should also know that the e-gift card is prone to various scams and thefts.
One cannot trust any gift card trading platform as they are so numerous that if one cannot decipher the right ones from “Danger Zones”, trial-and-error ways will be endless, falling victim over and over again, countless times.
There are however a few credible platforms you can purchase your gift cards from in Nigeria. In whatever you do after reading this, ensure you do not regret later on not joining the GiftCards Hub community while the opportunity presented itself.
To learn more about this amazing e-commerce business, visit www.giftcardshub.com.ng to experience what the gistis exactly about first hand.
You can also download the GiftCards Hub Mobile App on PlayStore. You will be surprised at how comprehensive and well-built the application software is.
Start your gift cards experience with GiftCards Hub today!
Where can I buy an Amazon Gift Card?
Where can I buy an Amazon Gift Card? Amazon Gift Cards are preloaded cards with a fixed amount of money and can be used to purchase anything the user wants on Amazon Stores either online or in person. Speaking in “anything” terms, Amazon sells back-to-school supplies, beauty and personal care products, photography equipment, video games, clothing, shoes, jewelry, home and kitchen appliances, sports and outdoor products, books, etc.
Amazon Gift Cards are always the perfect ideas for a last-minute present for all age brackets, you do not have to be anxious if you just remembered Niece Esther’s baby shower is the following day. An Amazon Gift Card will definitely come in handy because there are a plethora of possible items one can shop for with an Amazon Gift Card so you are basically placing the ball in the court, “Get whatever you wish”, making it even more interesting and endearing than getting them a plain specific gift. Amazon Gift Cards range from $15, $20, $25, $50, $75 to higher than $100, depending on the amount you want to store in it.
There are three major types of Amazon Gift Cards:
Anytime Gift Cards, Physical and eGift Cards.
Anytime Gift Cards: are plastic cards literally worthless as at the time of purchase (because of their zero value). You get to load cash on them anytime you want (hence the name) and then activate them. To load your balance into an Anytime Gift Card, follow the steps stated below carefully:
- Visit www.amazon.in/loadgc
- Input your 16-digit code at the back of your Amazon Gift Card and choose the amount you want to load.
- Proceed to make payment.
Physical gift cards: are usually already loaded with money, all you have to do, sometimes, though is to activate them. They get mailed or delivered to the address you specify during your order. They are displayed in varying designs to suit the occasion you would like to use them for.
eGift Cards: This is similar in usage to the Physical gift cards, only that this type is literally faxed to you through your email address. Basically, you can print your eGift Cards information as evidence to the cashier at the soon to be mentioned stores or show the merchant your email on your smartphone.
Below is a short list of participating retail stores in which Amazon Gift Cards can be purchased:
- Apple Market
- Blairs Market
- Family Express
- Country Fair
- Huffman’s Grocery
- Fry’s Electronics
- Dry Creek Station
- Don’s Market
- GG’s Marketplace and lots more.
There are however few restrictions the Amazon Gift Card has:
It cannot be used to purchase another gift card or certain ineligible goods and services such as collectibles like coins.
Off Amazon.com the gift card is disallowed. This is a good method one can be scammed, beware! Any non-Amazon individual that implores you to use an Amazon Gift Card for any payment for any goods or services is a fraudster!
Since we have highlighted some physical stores, an Amazon Gift Card can be gotten. Let us discuss the best way it can be bought online. Follow the steps below to learn more:
- Visit www.giftcardshub.com.ng This is the official website of the most outstanding e-commerce business in the whole of Nigeria. Just follow the link and watch the magic play!
- If you do not have a pre-existing account, sign in with the details you are required to fill.
- After your account must have been created successfully, click the “Buy” option and a page will be displayed to you in which the various values of the cards are stated.
- Click on the specific Amazon Gift Card value you want.
- Pay the amount mentioned and as easy as it can get, the transaction is completed at the bat of an eyelid!
Can my iTunes Gift Card expire?
Since you are here on this page, you are probably worried about the expiry date of your iTunes Gift Card or better yet, if it can expire at all?. Well, I am delighted to inform you that you have come to the right place. Let us however say a few things worthy of mention about iTunes.
iTunes, stated according to Wikipedia, is a media player made by Apple. Originally, Bill Kincaid developed Sound JamMP in the year 1999 but later got purchased by Apple and renamed iTunes in the year 2000. It however officially was released on January 10, 2001 at the MacWorld Expo in San Francisco.
What is An iTunes Gift Card?
An iTunes Gift Card is issued by Apple Inc. and is a convenient method of purchasing Apple goods and services online.
iTunes is basically a media software for Apple Inc.
For music enthusiasts, iTunes is that platform that allows you to purchase and even manage the albums and songs.
The things that are peculiar to iTunes that make individuals more drawn to it are the high-quality downloads with no expiry date, a free trial of Apple Music among others.
iTunes can also be used to download:
- Television shows
In fact, the latest version of the iTunes allows access to over 70 million ad-free music and free music, 100,000 TV shows, in addition, over 5000 audiobooks.
iTunes can also be used to download application software (apps) from the Apple Store.
It can be thought of as a credit card for virtual products or to credit an Apple ID balance to purchase movies, etc and for Apple related services such as upgrading iCloud Storage, paying for subscription services such as Apple News, Apple Arcade, Apple TV, etc.
Can an iTunes Gift Card Expire?
Having an iTunes Gift Card should make you put your mind at ease and be rest assured that your gift card is not going anywhere as it does not expire.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about iTunes Gift Card
-Can Android Users also purchase and successfully use an iTunes Gift Card?
Absolutely!. It is in fact just about perfect for all Android and iOS users and almost perfect for all smart phone users.
–Can I give an iTunes Card to a loved one?
Talk about the perfect presents for a music, book, or movie fanatic..An iTunes Gift Card is definitely a must-get gift for them.
–Where can I buy an iTunes Gift Card?
It is a known fact that gift card scams are increasing simultaneously as the popularity and usage of gift cards is also shooting up exponentially. To avoid falling victims of such fraudulent acts, it is imperative for one to have knowledge of where to purchase the gift cards without being ripped off. The best platform to buy your iTunes Gift Card is GiftCards Hub; the most reliable gift card exchange platform in Nigeria. With top notch customer service, best exchange rates, transactions at the speed of light, Gift Cards Hub delivers to you the best you deserve and more. Click here to get started.
Can I withdraw money with my Apple Store Gift Card?
If you are here on this page, you probably have an Apple Store Gift Card, either gotten as a present from a loved one or you even got it yourself. Anyway, count yourself a lucky one because apart from the query that initially brought you to this page, you are going to be run through few relevant things you should know about your Apple Store Gift Card.
What is the Apple Store?
Apple Store is a chain of retail stores owned and operated by Apple Inc. The Stores sell various Apple products including Mac Personal Computers (PCs), iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, Apple TVs, Apple-branded and selected third party accessories.
The first Apple Stores were originally opened as two locations in May 2001 after CEO Steve Jobs, after a series of failed store-within-a-store concepts. He began an effort in 1997 to revamp the retail programs to get an improved relationship with consumers and then hired Ron Johnson in 2000. Steve Jobs relaunched Apple’s Online Store in 1997 and opened the first two physical stores in 2001.
The media initially speculated that Apple would fail, however, its stores eventually became successful by passing the sales numbers of competing nearby stores and within three years reached U.S $1 billion(one billion dollars) in annual sales, becoming the fastest retailer in history to do so. Over the years, Apple has expanded the number of retail locations and its geographical coverage with 512 stores across 25 countries worldwide as of June 24, 2021.
What then is an Apple Store Gift Card?
An Apple Store Gift Card is a prepaid stored-value money card created by Apple Inc. and issued by Goldman Sachs, designed primarily to be used with Apple Pay on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches or Mac.
An Apple Store Gift Card is therefore a branded gift card that can be used in an Apple Store or Online Apple Store as the case may be, to buy hardware and accessories. In other words, just think of your Apple Store Gift Card as a multi-purpose card which you can use to purchase apps, games, music, movies, etc from the iTunes Store, Apple TV app or Apple Books. You can also pay for subscriptions like Apple Music, Apple Arcade, iCloud Storage and lots more.
Can money be withdrawn from your Apple Store Gift Card?
From the previous discussion on the usage of the Apple Store Gift Card, you will discover the importance of having to list them and at the same time, get the answer to your question. An Apple Store Gift Card is different from credit cards that can be taken to an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and then get a specified amount you want from it.
Some gift card issuers i.e their companies, usually have specific places they(the gift cards) can be used; on their online stores or brick-and-mortar retail stores, this makes the gift cards impossible to use just anywhere the user likes.
To make payments for an item or goods bought on the Apple Online Store or the Apple Store, the money will be deducted from your gift card automatically when it is swiped through the slot system provided by the merchant or when you have completed all necessary steps at the checkout page if the item is being purchased online.
However, there is another way around this question. In case you have an Apple Gift Card that still has a considerable amount of money on it after you might have used it for a while or you were given one as a present and you were initially wondering if you could just withdraw the money loaded on it or the balance you have on it. The best option you have in this situation is to redeem the Apple Store Gift Card for cash, you must tread carefully for this one because it is very easy to get ripped off by gift card fraudsters which are very rampant online.
Among all other gift card merchants, the best gift card exchange platform in Nigeria is Gift Cards Hub. If you are on the lookout for where you can redeem your Apple Store Gift Card, Gift Cards Hub is just what you need.
At Gift Cards Hub, you are delivered services that leave you with satisfaction impossible to get elsewhere. Always-online chat system that allows you to communicate on any matter confusing to you at anytime and anywhere in Nigeria.
Of all things you will experience trading your gift cards with Gift Cards Hub, regret and disappointment can never be one of them! Join the Gift Cards Hub community today and get the best you deserve and more!
Can I reload my Sephora Gift Card?
The very first thing that may come to most minds when Sephora is heard is Beauty. In actual fact, Sephora comes from the Greek Spelling of Zipporah, wife of Prophet Moses in the Bible.
The company was founded in Limoges in 1970 and is currently based in Paris. The founder was a Frenchman called Dominique Mandonnaud, he began the trial-before-purchase except which is now popular among similar beauty retail businesses across the world.
Sephora is actually now named as the no.1 specialty beauty retailer in the world and obviously it could not only have been resting on the platform of over-hyping and excess undeserved rating, its success today was no doubt achieved through top-notch digital Customer Service which is interactive and multi-purpose at the same time.
Ranging from make-up, oh, lots of make-up, moisturizers, skin care products, cosmetics in all. Sephora has never failed in satisfying their customers’ needs, even if the prices may go above our budgets at times, we find ourselves definitely thinking them worth the price, in quality and everything-in-between.
To even achieve an even greater feat of providing their customers the best, the Sephora Gift Card came up. The Sephora Gift Card is a prepaid card like most gift cards, that can be used to purchase and make payment for merchandise online at their website, Sephora.com and the Sephora Mobile App. Furthermore, it could be used to make payments for goods bought at Sephora retail stores.
For any makeup enthusiast, beauty fanatic, or just a present for an occasion e.g Christmases, graduations, name it. A Sephora Gift Card is a great choice for a present for all ages.
Can a Sephora Gift Card be reloaded? – Can I reload my Sephora Gift Card?
It is imperative to know that your Sephora Gift Card cannot be reloaded. Once the value initially stored in the Gift Card is finished or depleted to zero, the Sephora Gift Card is rendered invalid immediately.
Fortunately, the statement mentioned last
might apply solely to online Sephora Gift Cards, it should be noted that a plastic Sephora gift card may be reloaded at a Sephora Retail Store by the cashier.
Here are other things you should know about your Sephora Gift Card:
It could be embarrassing at stores when your gift card is being read and then declined while trying to make a payment.
To avoid this, it is paramount you know the correct way to check a balance after every purchase made. Read and follow the steps below thoroughly:
- Make a phone call to Sephora Customer Service at 1-888-860-7897. This is one of the most direct methods to check your gift card balance.
- If you however do not really prefer making a call, you have another option of checking online:
- Visit Sephora’s official website www.sephora.com
- Input all the required details in the fields specified for them.
- Enter your 16-digit number in the first box.
- In the next box, input your 4-digit PIN.
- Then click on the “Check Gift Card Balance”, your balance will then be shown to you.
Why is my iTunes card pending?
ITunes is the online store for media, software, and entertainment provided by Apple. You can use gift cards from iTunes to purchase apps, books, music, movies, and more.
You might have a few questions about how to use your iTunes gift card if you are unfamiliar with it or have never received one before.
What is an iTunes Gift Card? -Why is my iTunes card pending?
It is a pre-purchased credit that you can use to access Apple’s various digital services (that is, the App Store and iTunes). It includes the iTunes Store – Apple’s software and media marketplace where you can download music, movies, apps, and more. Other Apple services, such as Apple Music, can also be subscribed to with iTunes gift cards.
It is important to be aware of the difference between iTunes gift cards and Apple Store gift cards. A gift card for the Apple Store lets you purchase Apple products, like iPhones and MacBooks, at Apple’s physical and online stores.
Here’s how to find out how much money is left on your iTunes gift card
You can check the balance of your iTunes gift card in several ways. You can sign in to your account by tapping the sign-in button at the top of the screen or opening the app store. Under your name, you will see your balance. For those who haven’t redeemed their iTunes gift card yet, you can easily find the balance by looking at the body of the card.
The iTunes gift card can be purchased as a physical card or as a digital via email. It means you can buy it at online stores all over Nigeria. An example of a reputable company that sells iTunes cards is GiftCardsHub. A gift card does not expire, and the credit will remain active as long as it is applied to your account.
How to redeem your iTunes card to cash -Why is my iTunes card pending?
If you do not intend to purchase items from the iTunes store with your iTunes card, you can convert them into cash. The use of gift cards is now a popular method for exchanging value among people.
The process of converting your iTunes card into cash is straightforward. If you wish to redeem an iTunes gift card in naira, follow these steps:
- Click on the “trade now” link on the homepage of GiftCardsHub.
- It will direct you to create an account if you have not done so already. Logging in will take you to your account dashboard, where you can trade your iTunes gift card.
These are the steps you need to follow to redeem an iTunes gift card:
- You need to scratch the section above the barcode off the gift card after turning it over. You will then see the code you need to enter at iTunes Store to redeem the gift card.
- The next step will be to visit the iTunes Store. Create an Apple ID/iTunes account if you don’t already have one.
- Then click “Redeem” in the left-hand corner of your iTunes homepage under the “Account” menu. If you are prompted, sign in to your iTunes account.
- The Redeem Code page offers two options based on the gift card money credited to your account. The code is located on the back of the gift certificate, on which you scratched it off. Click the “Redeem” button to redeem.
As an alternative,
- By simply scanning the redemption code on your card with the built-in camera on the computer, you will be able to redeem your card without typing it in.
- Hold the iTunes gift card up to the camera when the iTunes gift card is selected as “Use Camera.” Be sure that the focus box on the card is facing the camera. Once iTunes scans the card’s code and recognizes the card, the amount will be automatically added to your iTunes account.
- It’s now possible to make purchases using the iTunes card because it’s been redeemed.
Why is my iTunes card pending?
Pending means, it hasn’t been withdrawn from your bank account.
The pending transactions provide you with information about the money slated to be withdrawn from your account; this information may or may not reflect in your available account balance. By adding up the pending transactions, you can verify that enough money is in your account to cover them.
It can also take 1-3 days (sometimes more) for the purchase to clear with the bank.
Here is an official explanation of pending transactions on Apple’s official website:
There are few reasons why you may be seeing pending transactions on your Apple ID balance. They are:
- The purchases you made are more than the amount of your Apple ID balance.
If your Apple ID balance wasn’t enough to cover the total amount of your purchase, Apple will attempt to charge your primary payment method, which could be related to the pending charges you mentioned.
- Other reasons include your internet connection and other technicalities. If, after a while, the transaction is still pending, you can contact ITunes Support.
Why is my iTunes gift card not working
Apple provides prepaid credits to access several digital services (such as the iTunes Store and Apple App Store). You can purchase, download, and watch music, movies, and apps with iTunes gift cards. In addition, you can use iTunes gift cards to subscribe to Apple services like Apple Music.
There are two types of iTunes gift cards: physical cards and e-gift cards. You can buy it in Nigeria by shopping at online stores. To ensure your iTunes card is secured, use a reputable company, such as GiftCardsHub As long as your gift card remains active, you can use the credit from it on your account.
You can also redeem this credit for many Apple products, so it’s also known as Apple ID credit.
How to redeem an iTunes gift card with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – Why is my Itune gift card not working
Here are step by step procedures to redeem your iTunes gift card on your mobile devices:
- You can remove the label from the back of the gift card by gently scratching it off to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with an X.
- Open the App Store application on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap “Today” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on your photo or the sign-in button at the top of the screen.
- You can also tap the “Redeem Gift Card or Code” option if you do not see the option. If you forgot your Apple ID, learn how to retrieve it.
- The Redeem Gift Card or Code menu option is shown on the iPhone.
- Use the camera by tapping “Use Camera” and following the instructions to use it. You can also enter your redemption code manually if you run into trouble redeeming the card. To do so, tap “You can also enter your redemption code manually,” then follow the instructions. Be sure to enter the 16-digit code beginning with X.
- Click ‘Done’.
To redeem your iTunes gift card on your computer, follow these steps:
- You can remove the label from the back of the gift card by gently scratching it off to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with an X.
- You can find the App Store in your Macbook’s menu bar.
- You can sign in by clicking your name on the sidebar.
- Redeem your gift card by clicking “Redeem.”
- The Redeem Gift Card button is located in the upper right corner of the Mac App Store.
- Follow the instructions on the screen after clicking “Use Camera.” If you have trouble redeeming the card, you can enter your code manually by clicking “You can also enter your code manually.”, then follow the instructions. You must enter the 16-digit code beginning with X.
If you are using a Windows PC, follow these steps,
- Click the Account menu item in the top menu bar of iTunes.
- Then, click Redeem
- Follow the screen instructions once you sign in.
Digital gift-giving has become increasingly popular. Thank goodness for that, since you can satisfy everyone in your family without having to leave your home. With this, you can forget about rush hour traffic, holiday shopping, and standing in line.
Choosing the right book, movie, song, app, or TV show is easy with an iTunes gift card. Because of this, you also have a wish list for the popular gift card.
You may run into some issues with your gift card at times. If you are giving or receiving an iTunes gift card, you will find step-by-step instructions on any concerns on the iTunes gift card help page.
Listed below are just some of the most common problems that you may encounter.
iTunes gift cards and codes cannot be redeemed.
It is possible that the card or code is invalid, that the card or code is inactive, or that it is in another language.
In case of invalidity:
- Please make sure you are using an iTunes gift card and not an Apple Store gift card. Since they are different, place your order.
- You can enter your code manually, or, in some countries, you can use the camera on your iPod, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac. In the case of redemption codes on the back of cards, if a black box appears, then you can use your camera to redeem it.
- Activation might not have been appropriately performed if it is inactive. You can return it to the retailer to have it resolved. If you purchased the gift card from a country other than your own, you must redeem it there.
The iTunes Support team will need the following information if you still experience redemption problems:
- A picture of the front and back of the card;
- A receipt showing when you made the purchase, and
- Your gift card’s serial number.
The card is not activated.
It is possible that the retailer who sold the card did not activate your card properly if you receive a message that says your card has not been activated. It is best to try to resolve the problem with the retailer.
Contact Apple Support if you need more assistance.
The code is unreadable.
Apple Support can assist you if you are having trouble reading the code on your card because it has been scratched or damaged.